Jr. Electrical Engineer
Under general supervision, complete a variety of electrical engineering assignments in accordance with design or customer specifications, completion schedules and machine standard cost requirements. Also undertake more complex assignments with closer direction.
- As directed, undertake and assure the proper completion of electrical design and drafting assignments working from verbal and written instructions. May also be assigned more complex electrical design engineering tasks for completion working under closer technical direction and/or supervision.
- Prepare bills of material, installation and customer maintenance instructions or other details as assigned.
- Investigate and recommend sources of supply for special materials and parts and determine availability and prices as instructed by the Engineering Manager
- Recommend to the Engineering Manager improved design, materials, or methods of manufacture to reduce manufacturing cost or improvements to the quality of the product.
- Create PLC programs with assistance. Support with downloading and commissioning of machinery as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in related engineering areas for possible application to assignments.
- Assist in provision of electrical information to Company production personnel as necessary to advise and assist with electrical problems as they pertain to Company products.
- Notify the Engineering Manager of any unusual problems affecting the electrical design of Company products.
- Prepare all records and necessary accompanying paperwork associated with completed engineering assignments.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Entry level electrical engineering position requires college degree in electrical engineering and a minimum of one (1) year’s design engineering experience; includes knowledge of PLCs, CAD software and the equivalent in education and experience.