Lab Technician position
To provide professional technical assistance as it applies to the testing and start-up of company equipment and to the solution of customer service problems.
1) Setup laboratory equipment and conduct tests under guidance of service engineering personnel
2) Assist in the conducting of customer machine demonstrations or FATs as required by sales and/or service engineering personnel.
3) Prepare necessary test reports and documentation and assure their proper distribution.
4) As directed, assist in the identification of parts necessary to fill customer parts orders and/or in the processing of parts orders.
5) Receive and store all customer samples and ensure their availability for the conducting of required tests.
6) Coordinate with other departments as necessary to assure proper testing and conducting of customer machine demonstrations or FATs.
7) Maintain necessary test request and other departmental files in accordance with established procedures.
8) Ensure the proper maintenance, cleanliness of laboratory and technical service areas, and storage of all laboratory equipment and utensils.
9) Perform other duties as assigned.
10) Limited travel, assist service technicians on local service calls.
High school education and additional specialized training equivalent to Technician Associate’s Degree; minimum of 3 months up to 1 year of related experience. The equivalent in education and/or experience.